Terms and Conditions
Booking Contract and Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
By making a booking you are confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions and therefore confirming that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions of Hire, and that you have entered into a legal contract with Wimbledon Holiday Lets
We the Company (Owner): Charlotte Collis and John Brasier trading as Wimbledon Holiday Lets
You the Lead Guest (Client): The adult individual making the holiday accommodation reservation. legally responsible for all holidayrentals and related charges, damages, breakages and extra cleaning costs, if applicable. When the lead guest named on the booking makes a booking he/she guarantees that he/she is aged over 18, has the authority to accept and does accept the terms of these booking conditions on behalf of all members of the party booking.
The Hire Period: The time between the date and time of arrival to the date and time of departure.
The Holiday Property is the accommodation provided by the Company to the Lead Guest and their guest party.
- Hire Period. The booking period is from the arrival date and departure date as specified on the booking confirmation
- The accommodation is available from 4 pm on the day of your arrival, and must be vacated by 11.00 am on the day of your departure.
- Occupancy. This contract allows you to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only and, in terms of section 12(2) and (schedule 4, paragraph 8) of the Housing Act 1988 is not an 'assured tenancy'.
The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
The lead person named on the booking confirmation must personally stay at the accommodation during the holiday and is solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. No more than the maximum occupancy as stated on the booking confirmation may stay at the property.
- Inclusive in the Rental Rate. The exclusive use of the property;Outdoor furniture and barbeque;Beds, linen, towels, crockery, cutlery, glassware, kitchenware;All utilities; Basic household cleaning materials. The rental rates are as specified in the booking confirmation.
- Bookings (a) Advance Booking (more than 30 days before the holiday)
An initial non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total amount is required to secure the booking.
A refundable security deposit of £40.00 is payable (Please see Item 13).
The balance of the rental is due 30 days before the start of your holiday. In the event that receipt of the balance is not received in full by the due date, we reserves the right to declare the contract void, and the deposit will be forfeited (b) Late Booking (less than 30 days before the holiday) The full rental will be due and payable at the time of booking. A refundable security deposit of £40.00 is payable at the time of booking (Please see Item 13).
- Cancellations Please note that Holiday Cancellation Insurance is NOT included in the rental and you are strongly advise to take out your own Holiday Cancellation Insurance. If you have to cancel your holiday, for any reason whatsoever, you must notify us in writing, as soon as possible prior to the commencement date of the holiday. (a) If you are at the stage of having paid the booking deposit, this will be forfeited. (b) If you are at the stage of having paid the booking deposit and the balance of the rental, this will be forfeited and you are advised to claim all your costs from your Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy. If, in the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, you will be notified immediately, and a full refund will be given of all monies paid. No further liability against us will be considered
- Liability for Loss Damage or Injury. Hirer's Liability - The Lead person on the booking confirmation undertakes to indemnify us of any loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party. Our Liability - Hirer’s are responsible for their own travel insurance. We take no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this Agreement or the occupancy following thereon, as far as the law allows. No responsibility can be taken for personal property and vehicles which are left at the Hirer's own risk.
- Right of Access. We, our Housekeeper, our Agent, or whomsoever the Owners direct, reserves the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for all reasonable purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone, who in our judgement or in the judgment of our agents is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such a case we reserve the right to void the contract and any refund would be at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time and demand the immediate removal of any persons not complying with the conditions of hire, or for unreasonable behaviour, causing offence, damage to property, or conducting themselves in a manner detrimental to personnel or property. In any such a case we reserves the right to void the contract and any refund would be at our discretion.
- Housekeeping. General Cleanliness. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the fabric, furniture and fixtures of the property are kept in good and clean order for the duration of the hire, allowing for fair wear and tear. Upon departure the Hirer is expected to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition.
wash up any used crockery, glassware and kitchenware and deposit any rubbish in the bins at the front of the property and empty the fridge of any food items. We reserve the right to charge extra cleaning charges for excessive cleaning of the property.
Accidental damage. Damages, losses or breakages are to be reported to us as soon as possible.
- Security Deposit. A deposit of £40.00 is required at the time of paying for the holiday rental. We reserve the right to charge for all repairs, losses or replacements necessitated by the negligent act or omission caused by any of your party or guests. This deposit is to be used, if necessary, for the following:--i. To cover any purchases incurred on your behalf ii. Towards the costs of any repair and/or replacement of any property or household items due to accidental damage, loss, spillage or breakages occurring during your stay iii. Any extra cleaning costs, at our discretion, that is necessary over and above the anticipated routine change-over cleaning iv. To cover any consumable items you have used in the property. An account will be sent to you after your holiday, and any refund will be sent to you within 1 week of your departure. If the costs exceed the £40.00 an invoice will be sent to you. Please note this deposit is fully refundable if no costs are incurred.
Hours of operation. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 6.00pm and we are available during those hours for any assistance. After these hours we are only available in the event of an emergency. Request for assistance for non-emergencies will be charged at £25.00 per call out of our hours of operation.
- Pets. Pets and animals are not permitted
- Smoking. Smoking is not permitted inside the property. Smoking is permitted in the garden
- Accuracy of Information. Any advertising material is as accurate as possible but cannot be guaranteed, nor do any descriptions form any contract. We reserve the right to alter or improve any terms and conditions, prices, brochures or website without notice.
- Complaints. You should find your accommodation clean, and comfortable and with all the utilities in working order. Our aim is to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If you have cause for complaint, which requires immediate attention, you should contact us and we will do everything possible to remedy your complaint.
- Keys will be given on the date of arrival and will be deposited in a secure digital key safe. The keys must be left in the property on day of departure.